Sunday, November 07, 2010
Halloween & Grandma Pat's visit
I'm overdue for a post about Halloween. I'll cut to the chase: Natalie was a Detroit Tiger. She was adorable.
Here's a (blurry) shot of Natalie's Halloween socks.
The hat (to the extent that she'll keep it on) is also the gift that keeps on giving.
Mike was actually out of town for Halloween, but my mom was in town. So at least I wasn't the only one appreciating my pumpkin.
While Daddy was gone, we did some fun things with Grandma Pat. We went to the Japanese Garden.
And we took Grandma Pat for barbecue.
My mom and I also made some applesauce cake. The cake was fine, but the cinnamon cream cheese frosting was amazing. Also, the cake took forever to cool - so long that I actually went to bed and frosted it and ate it the next day. Guess what I dreamed about that night?
And here's Natalie with her belated birthday present from Grandma Pat. Is this not the cutest little ride-along / push-along toy?
In closing, someone asked me if Natalie was always so good-natured. Mostly. However, I present to you two pictures, taken two minutes apart.
I know! So sad, right? Rest assured, she quickly recovered. I won't leave you on such a cranky note, though. Here are a few more pics.

(I especially like how this one shows off both the sweater knit by my grandmother and the hat knit by me [years ago, in Japan, when I was teaching myself to knit - who'd have thought I'd ever have such a little doll to wear it!])
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Natalie in the knit hat is pretty dang adorable. As for the fussing, I don't know, I often find it hard to side with the paparazzi.
Jay,
She likely wanted the lens cap, the camera, or both. How's that for an aggressive celebrity?
Kate, thank you for including us in your adventrures!!! Loved all of it... a goat farm was a most novel idea for the birthday boy~ Natalie is so cute in her Detroit Tiger costume...love the hat you made her ... she does look like a doll.
Can't wait to see you soon!
Love,
Bubbe Brenda
Post a Comment