Sunday, November 07, 2010

Goats and Birthdays

Mike's birthday was this week. His actual birthday fell mid-week, sandwiched in between working and teaching days. We still celebrated with a little bakery cake and some take-out Thai food, though.

We had a proper celebration this weekend. How else to wish the greatest husband and father I know a very happy birthday?Ooops. Wait. No. Let me try again.The cake is Best Yellow Layer Cake with chocolate sour cream frosting. I really liked the cake, but I didn't actually like the frosting. I found it simultaneously too tangy and too light. I'd totally make the cake again, but I'd use something that yielded a richer, fudgier, darker frosting.

On the topic of sweet, here are some Natalie pictures:Her walking is also improving greatly, although she still will drop to a crawl if she wants to get somewhere quickly.The other big thing we did this weekend - other than celebrate daddy - was to visit the goat farm (ha, ha, I know, right?). Anyway, our local artisanal goat cheese dairy was having an open house / farm. So we drove the hour up there, for the chance to pet the goats and wander around. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"But Daddy, those other goat kittkahs smell like you too."

Loved the pix. Thanks SO MUCH for posting them. Can't wait to see you all soon.

Gramps