Saturday, December 05, 2009

Playing catch-up

Things have been pretty exciting since we arrived back in Texas.

First, we had a snowy morning:Then, it was my birthday! I had a wonderful birthday, complete with strawberry-blackberry buttermilk pancakes for breakfast, a massage, a sushi lunch, and then some cake in the evening with friends. "Some cake" is a bit of an understatement, since what I actually had was a cake made by Mike that was home-made, made-from-scratch chocolate-deliciousness-from-another planet. He used this recipe. And I would so recommend it.I also received lots of lovely gifts from family and friends. Thanks to all of you! Turns out a one-armed birthday isn't so bad, after all!

Last, here are a few pictures that didn't make it into the Thanksgiving post. First, Natalie and Brody, each "enjoying" Thanksgiving dinner.Here's Natalie doing her latest trick of checking out her hands - she just rotates her wrist and turns them in front of her eyes and is transfixed.Here are a few other cute shots:And here's a video of Natalie laughing:

3 comments:

Angeluna said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you. How is your arm?j

N is pretty darned adorable, isn't she?

katem said...

Awww, thanks! My arm is slowly getting better - it's still a bit weak, and it hurts to rotate my wrist, but this is progress.... I hope to see you all either this week or next for a short visit!

Anonymous said...

Love these pictures . . . our little one is too too sweet! And Brody boy.

Love Bubbe B.