We were originally supposed to leave last Sunday, but that morning (before leaving for the airport, thankfully), we got a call that our flight had been canceled. They offered us a later flight, with a layover, arriving at 10pm, or the same direct flight we had been on one day later. Although it was suboptimal to lose a day of time with Mike's parents, changing planes and arriving late at night just felt too challenging. So we opted for the latter. Then, while waiting at the gate area on Monday, they called my name. I approached the kiosk with trepidation (after all, luck hadn't exactly been on our side so far). It turns out we had been upgraded to first class! Although I was stressed about potentially having a crying baby in first class, things worked fine since Natalie spent nearly the whole flight sleeping (except when she woke up upon descent to have a poopsplosion, a performance that she repeated on the return flight).
Anyway, once we finally got to Michigan, we had a wonderful time. The weather was crisp, but not too cold, and, of course, the people were warm and welcoming!
And here's the entire Thanksgiving album: (also available by clicking here)
p.s. For those who asked about my arm, I'm doing better. I saw the orthopedist on Monday, and he said that, while the arm was definitely broken, there wasn't much point in casting it, due to the location and relatively minor nature of the break. So the arm is just in a sling, and I'm gradually using it a bit more. However, Mike is still doing the bulk of everything around here!
4 comments:
I absolutely love the Yoda encounter! Her face is precious. Glad to hear you're feeling better, Kate.
Lisa
Wow! Seeing these pix helps me relive the whole wonderful weekend.
I'm glad your arm is healing and that the doc confirmed it as a minor break.
Gramps
We miss you all.. didn't get enuf Natsy time.. Today Brody told me he can't wait to play on the mat again next year! Feel good and enjoy the Texas snow.
xoxoxo
Grancho aka Bubjo
Such good memories . . . we loved our Natalie Thanksgiving! She such a total little doll and so are her parents. It was so nice to be together. We love our littlel girl . . . she has so much personality! The video is adorable. I think I will go and watch some others! Love,Bubbe B.
Post a Comment