1. Natalie tried her first "solid" food. I think "solid" is a real misnomer for cereal that's mixed with breastmilk to the point that it is a super water-y slurry, but whatever. As you can see, her reaction was a little, um, mixed. It has grown on her a bit since these pictures/videos. I think once we start giving her other foods, and use those to emulsify the cereal, she might like it even more. I have realized - after several days of using cold milk - that she prefers it mixed with warm milk. Duh. That's all she's ever known; I feel silly for taking a couple of days for that to sink in. What can I say? I'm new at this!
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Firsts
It's been an exciting week of firsts around here.
1. Natalie tried her first "solid" food. I think "solid" is a real misnomer for cereal that's mixed with breastmilk to the point that it is a super water-y slurry, but whatever. As you can see, her reaction was a little, um, mixed. It has grown on her a bit since these pictures/videos. I think once we start giving her other foods, and use those to emulsify the cereal, she might like it even more. I have realized - after several days of using cold milk - that she prefers it mixed with warm milk. Duh. That's all she's ever known; I feel silly for taking a couple of days for that to sink in. What can I say? I'm new at this!


2. Natalie had her first Chanukkah. She was also a little underwhelmed by that, having fallen asleep about ten minutes before we lit the candles. No matter! We lit the candles and enjoyed our traditional meal of home-made pad thai and pumpkin-praline pie.
Later, Natalie woke up and was able to enjoy a bit of the evening.
3. Natalie went to her first TCU women's basketball game. I was worried that the arena was too noisy and overstimulating for her, but Natalie promptly fell asleep and slept through most of the first half. It was a great game with a photo finish - TCU just squeaked by the evil A&M in the final seconds!
Here are some other cute pics of late:



1. Natalie tried her first "solid" food. I think "solid" is a real misnomer for cereal that's mixed with breastmilk to the point that it is a super water-y slurry, but whatever. As you can see, her reaction was a little, um, mixed. It has grown on her a bit since these pictures/videos. I think once we start giving her other foods, and use those to emulsify the cereal, she might like it even more. I have realized - after several days of using cold milk - that she prefers it mixed with warm milk. Duh. That's all she's ever known; I feel silly for taking a couple of days for that to sink in. What can I say? I'm new at this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Our little girl is the cutest and best~!!! Gramps and I loved watching her eat . . . boy wait til she tastes carrots and broccolit and green peas . . .
Love to you all!
Bubbe b.
That is some good-looking pie!!
Also, Natalie is SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!! That video is adorable!
That is all.
Post a Comment