First, the long-awaited photos of the new dresser and the composter (it's up to you to figure out which is which. I believe in you!).There isn't really all that much to report - things kind of chug along here. Natalie has been sleeping in stretches that are a little longer, so we're approximating something like a semi-decent night of sleep every now and then. Unfortunately, she's also coupled this sleeping with a little increased fussiness, so we're all a little more exhausted when it comes time to sleep!
Last week we also hit the fancy grocery store again. Also, we upped the challenge by going to the Indian buffet beforehand. Natalie was awake at the restaurant, but as long as we jiggled her carseat, she was pretty chill.
I've also been doing a little baking. First, I made this fig tart.The tart was okay, if very fig-y. Thinking about it afterwards, I decided that it might have been improved had I a) served it with better yogurt or even with ice cream, and b) added some chocolate. That got me thinking that what I actually really wanted was a chocolate dessert (sometimes fruit just doesn't cut the mustard, you know?), so then I made a sour cream marble cake. No pictures of that, alas, as it was eaten up before I remembered to take a picture of it.
Last, I made this sour cream blueberry coffee cake (can you tell I had some sour cream that I needed to use?). This recipe is a total keeper! I made it on Friday night for some guests that were coming on Saturday afternoon. We sampled a bit of it when it came out of the oven - and then it was very hard to resist eating the rest before the company arrived! Okay, we've reached the point in the blog post where you get what you really came for......
Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the last few days:Here's the whole album (which can also be found here):
7 comments:
Miso
said...
Nice retro tee shirt, Ms. Kate! (I still have mine, too -- collector's item.)
Oh Natalie . . .even if you are a wee bit cranky some of the time . . . you are the BEST and CUTEST baby girl in the whole world . . .I am counting down the days until October!
Hi Miso - wondered if the shirt would resonate with you! MHS tried to make me feel ashamed for a) paying for such a shirt, and then b) wearing it with pride. As if. Also, can you believe that was 10 years ago?! We are getting old!
This is the story of a young couple from Seattle. They started this blog when they moved to Japan for year in 2005. Since then, the blog has become a record of their lives, friends, cooking, and travels. Follow along at home as they discover a new foreign country: Texas, where they moved in 2008. In July of 2009, the couple added a native Texan, Natalie Beth, to their family. In January of 2013, another native Texan, Jacob Samuel, joined the team.
7 comments:
Nice retro tee shirt, Ms. Kate! (I still have mine, too -- collector's item.)
Not a bad looking baby, either.
Once again Ms. Strausz retains her title as "WCB" (World's Cutest Baby).
Her parents - and their desserts - look great too...
Gramps
Oh Natalie . . .even if you are a wee bit cranky some of the time . . . you are the BEST and CUTEST baby girl in the whole world . . .I am counting down the days until October!
Love, Bubbie B.
Hi Miso - wondered if the shirt would resonate with you! MHS tried to make me feel ashamed for a) paying for such a shirt, and then b) wearing it with pride. As if. Also, can you believe that was 10 years ago?! We are getting old!
I love the POWER TO THE PEOPLE pose in that first pic! You go, Natalie!!!
What a sweet schmeguggle she is. Her cuteness radiates all the way to the Northwest! <3
We miss Natalie and her parents!!!!!!!!!! xxoo
Post a Comment