So, after a yummy breakfast, we were off to the Asian Art Museum. We were particularly interested in the special exhibit there (The Return of the Yellow Peril) but the museum was actually small enough that we were able to see the entire collection in about 2 hours. I liked this a lot - the special exhibit was really well done, and the permanent collection items nicely rounded out the experience without exhausting one (too much).
When we were done, Mike was up for another museum (since we were in the museum 'hood), but I was just up for, well, putting my feet up. So we drove over to a coffeeshop we'd heard about. Fort Worth's last independent coffeehouse closed in January, much to Mike's disappointment. However, the independent coffeehouse scene seems to be alive and well in Dallas. Or, at least, this one coffeeshop was really nice. We'd brought our books, so we just kicked it there, drinking coffee and soaking in the ambiance for a little bit.
Our last Dallas stop took us to the neighborhood of our recent ex-President. No, not for a social call, but for a cupcake call! I'd been hearing all about this cupcake store that had started in Beverly Hills and then has been gradually expanding. The Dallas location was definitely in what one might characterize as a tony neighborhood (i.e., not a lot of Toyota Corollas cruising about). The cupcakes did not disappoint! I didn't think they were quite as good as my favorite Seattle place, but the dark chocolate flavor definitely gave my memories a run for their money. Perhaps more data is needed.....
We were back at our house by late afternoon, which was perfect. Exciting, but not overwhelming.
In other weekend news, we also had the first harvest from our garden:
Sunday we had a little celebratory breakfast for the father-to-be, then watched the Italy-Brazil soccer game, and then went out for some pizza (thanks to the Michigan parents who gifted Mike a dinner out!).
1 comment:
Wow, I had no idea Sprinkles was expanding so much. Line was out the door last time we were in BH - I seem to recall we only actually got to sample Crumbs (the bakery, not the Sprinkles remnants :)
Post a Comment