Kate and I are officially homeowners! Here is an older set of pictures of the house. Since that time, the house has been completed, and it looks fantastic. The closing was originally supposed to happen Tuesday, and then due to circumstances beyond our control, was pushed back to Thursday, and then to yesterday. Kate and I were very prepared. We had turned in all of the necessary documents far in advance, so I assumed that the closing would be easy and smooth. As yesterday progressed, and papers were still being processed, and our mortgage broker was still not able to tell us precisely how much money we needed to bring to the closing (he was able to give us a ballpark estimate which ended up being close to correct), I realized that this was going to be a crazy day.
At my real estate agent's office, I asked whether this was unusually crazy for a closing, and she laughed and said that no, about half of them are this crazy, and some of them are even more crazy. But as we drove to the actual closing, she admitted that, if the mortgage broker could not give us an exact amount of money to bring to the closing before we actually walked in to the closing, that would be a first for her. And, thus, we are number 1! We got the figure just after walking in, and our real estate agent took me on a wild goose chase to look for a branch of our bank (it was harder to find than it should have been).
But it all worked out in the end, and we celebrated an Uncle Julio's last night, the same restaurant where we ate the day that we moved to Fort Worth.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm not used to putting these messages onto a buyer's blog, but it can't be helped. Because of our mistake, you paid an extra $1.14 at the closing. If you would come to our office in downtown Plano, we would be happy to refund you the money.
(Sincerely) Lawrence Tilder
P.S., I hope you are very happy in the house. It is quite beautiful.
Congratulations, homeowners! The thing about not knowing the exact amount until the day of closing is definitely not unusual; I think I finally got the amount about two hours beforehand. Glad all went successfully, and yay! I know you'll love your new home.
Congratulations! You should send your address so we can send you a housewarming gift. I look forward to the pictures after you move in! Claire says congratulations too and looks forward to the pics of the dog that is sure to follow.
HOORAY!
Wasn't all the house-shopping, mortage-signing, check-writing stress worth it? I thought so. :)
Jen Em
Congratulations!!!
Party at Kate and Mikes!!!
Post a Comment