I promised - so here it is!
We actually didn't have great weather - 4 out of the 7 days we were there, it rained! Nevertheless, we managed to walk on the beach nearly every day.




However, I didn't end up taking as many pictures as I'd hoped, partially because of the rain, and partially because I was just feeling lazy. And the pictures I did take are only of sort of mediocre quality, so perhaps it's all for the best that I didn't take more!
We managed to visit with lots of family and friends, which was really, really nice. First, we had a lovely lunch with Mike's relatives from Los Angeles. Here's a picture I took as we strolled in La Jolla after lunch.

We also had a great
dim sum lunch with some of my very dearest friends in San Diego. Here are a few pictures of the star guests:




Why on earth I didn't get a group shot, I have no idea. Well, other than the super-large table, the carts and servers coming and going, and the difficulty of it all....
And, for SYL's birthday, we took her out to a place that is fast becoming the new "it"
sushi place in San Diego. It was delicious! Also, happy birthday to SYL!

My family from San Francisco was also in town while we were there. It was so, so nice to see them. Here's a hanging out shot on Christmas morning. Yes, that is a rosemary topiary standing in for a Christmas tree.

Lots of nice gifts were given and received, and I'm touched by thoughtfulness of some of the things given to me. Here's a pair of socks I knit for my grandmother.

While all the holiday decorations were still up, all the ladies in my family went downtown to have tea at the super-beautiful
Hotel Del Coronado (the gentlemen went out for Mexican food). Here are a few pictures of the tea itself:



And one of the exterior of the hotel (taken through a car window, so please forgive the weird reflections).

We had a great time in San Diego, even if the weather the best (as always) on the day we left. No worries, though - we'll be back!
No comments:
Post a Comment