Monday, August 04, 2008

Our weekend

Although I wanted to make this be a whole post where we didn't really mention Mike's arm, that's not likely. . . .

Mike's surgery was Thursday. Thursday night and Friday night were a bit rough, as Mike was in a lot of pain. Saturday afternoon, though, Mike seems to have turned a corner and he's been steadily improving since then. On Sunday he even made his famous Pad Thai (although this is actually a picture of him making eggs).Also on Sunday morning I made lowfat lemon blueberry buttermilk muffins. This is one my favorite recipes.Last, my dear friend Claire sent me this. I totally adore it, and it helps me to remember that not *everything* in Texas is terrible (although my new default is to root against the Texas Rangers in all situations - and tonight they're playing the Yankees! Also, I use root extremely loosely in this context).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, MHS does your lovely assistant (and chief baker)crack the eggs for you?

Chef Boyardee

MHS said...

Yes, and she also cuts things.