Anyway, we left
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Wyoming and Kansas
We arrived in Wyoming on July 3rd, having driven in from Ogden , Utah . Ogden was a surprisingly cool town - we found this great brew pub [I thought that no such things existed in Utah without private club membership, but I guess I was wrong]. The pub even had a beer called "polygamy" and then you could buy a t-shirt that said "I tried polygamy in Utah ". We left t-shirt-less, but we did smile at the joke.
Anyway, we leftUtah on the morning of July 3rd. Leaving Utah was really pretty.
In Wyoming , there are windfarms. Lots of them.
There weren’t a lot of places to stop for lunch as we drove eastward across Wyoming , so we just pulled over at this community college. We snuck in and used their bathrooms, and then had a picnic on their grass using peanut butter and jelly stolen from the breakfast bar of the hotel in Ogden .
We arrived at the little kibbutz on the prairie around 6:30pm. We [meaning, SYL, in this case], miraculously, got the school bus up the long, steep driveway and backed into the designated parking area. And this time, the name “school bus” proved true, as one of my aunt’s neighbors called her up and inquired about the school bus parked in my aunt’s yard. To be fair, the trees did kind of obscure things (and, yes, that is a deer in the foreground).
Anyway, we left
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment