[ha- I first wrote "our new dogs." I think that is yet to come. . . .]
Anyway, as Mike wrote, we arrived on Monday night. I have pictures and stories from Wyoming and Kansas, and I hate posting out of order, but I wanted to share our apartment with you. So I'll post the other stuff over the weekend.
Right now SYL is here with us; we're lucky enough to have her company through Monday. Today she helped us buy a washer and dryer (to be delivered tomorrow! no more saving quarters!). We also explored the area where I'll be working. Tomorrow we hope to explore the area where Mike will be working. Perhaps over the weekend we'll check out the herd of cattle owned by the city.
So, with no further ado, here are some pictures of our place.
Here is the living room. Note that behind the framed pictures is a wood-burning fireplace.

Here is our kitchen; the washer-dryer closet is to the left.

Here is the view from the living room, balcony, our bedroom, and the front door. Unfortunately, I took this picture at night, so it's a little dark. But if you could see it, you'd see green trees and grass and the Trinity River Trail [a bike/footpath] and the banks of the river - the river itself is a little too low to be seen easily.

Here is our bedroom:

And our closet, which is even larger than our closet in Seattle was. Seriously. [But we still live in Texas, so, well, think about that]

And our bathroom

Here's the office. We've reduced down to one desk, so we'll have space to store boxes since we won't be unpacking everything. Right now, though, this plan is just looking a little messy.

So I hope this post isn't over-sharing. I know this isn't nearly as interesting or strange as our
Japan house, but, well, what can you do?
8 comments:
"...Here is the living room. Note that behind the framed pictures is a wood-burning fireplace..."
Did someone say "S'mores?"
MD
P.S., Your place looks great! I look forward to seeing it in person this fall.
It looks lovely and spacious. I wish you much love and happiness in your new Texasa digs. I love the fireplace . . .I can't picture a house without one.
thank you for sharing! Can't wait to see in person in the fall! Miss you and love you both and you too, SyL!!
Syl is the best!!!
Love
Michigan Brenda
Wow, guys!! I want your big kitchen. I love that you already have your refrigerator magnets up. I can't wait to see your place in person. Love, Jenny
Congratulations on your new arrival in Texas! The place looks lovely, though I must say that I'm dubious about the usefulness of a fireplace :)
Are you renting it?
You did not drive through Nebraska??? There is no place like Nebraska/Good Ole Nebraska U! I've marked all over the state so it's totally mine.
The dog show was ok but I don't like that so many are showbiz dogs. And where are the mutts??? I did like the Texas dog the most.
wally t.
You should make sure to fire up (hah) the fireplace when the temperature dips down into the chilly 80s. Welcome to your new home, can't wait to see it!
We are, indeed, renting. We have a six-month lease, but I can see a certain amount of inertia setting in....
To Wally: Yes, there was a certain lack of mutts [and labs!]. What's up with that? Also, yeah, we skipped Nebraska, turning south into Colorado. But I've driven across Nebraska four other times, so does that count?
Hee Haw.. ya'll made it! Big whoops for joy from Ancho. Just watched Extreme Home Makeover from bed at my staff meetings in New Jersey... Did you say, "Move that Truck?"
Many congrats. Can't wait to experience the guest room/office. Don't be too hard on yourself. If you're anything like Jen and me you'll be arranging and rearranging for the most suitable feng shui effect.
Enjoy enjoy enjoy!
xxoo
love,
ancho
Post a Comment