Never a slow day here - today while I was at work, Mike had a small bike accident. It happened while he was biking to work with his colleague. Luckily, they weren't too far from home and they were able to return home, get his insurance card, and then go to the E.R. Unluckily, Mike broke his elbow.
He's seeing a specialist on Wednesday and then we'll know more. Right now he's not in too much pain and seems to be in good spirits.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Ouch! So sorry to hear of your injury, Mike. We know about bike accidents around here. Hope you're wheeling around again in no time.
Ouch! Feel better soon. Daisy would bring you a rawhide with peanut butter on it so you can feel better.
--Jen Em
Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope you feel better soon!
Be more careful. Tenure review committees don't like people who go to the Emergency Room a lot. Makes them suspicious.... unless you can get good data in the ER.
Oh no! I hope Mike gets fixed up and feels better soon!
Rob Farley is my hero!
MD
Mom's don't like it when their boys get hurt. I know Kate is taking good care of you honey.
I hope it doesn't hurt too much and that you can avoid surgery.
How is it to type with one hand?
Love,
mom
Darling Michael, I hate the word accident...
I remember when you were very young and you cut yourself badly and needed stitches.. I drove the car while your mother held you on her lap, soothing your tears and plying you with suckers. By the time you got to Dr. Singer's office you were covered in phlegm and sticky candy.. I wish I could give you suckers now and take away your discomfort. Take your pain medication... Don't be a hero about that. Let the docs keep you pain free and you will be good as new. Then you can let all your students sign your cast.
Let all future accidents take place on someone other than our family.
Love, Ancho
Mike,
So sorry to hear about your arm. I stopped paying attention to my rss feeds for a while and am just getting back to them... only to see that you have broken your arm in the interim!! That'll teach me to try to limit my time on the internet!
I read through the rest of the posts and I see that you are now on the mend. My thoughts are with you and I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Post a Comment