To celebrate, here are some pictures - first of a belated Valentine's Day rose and then of a tree in bloom at the lake near our house.
In other news, my dresser broke. Or, really, I should say: In other news, we gave up on my broken dresser. The dresser hadn't been in great shape before we moved to Japan, and the journey to and from the storage place didn't really help things. I sort of accepted the dresser; it was willful beast whose drawers stuck frequently, but, in the end, I could always yank the drawers and make things work. That is, until last week when the drawers became so hopelessly stuck that I couldn't get my clothes out. I was actually planning my days around which clothes were not in the dresser.
But, with the upcoming move, buying a new dresser seemed dumb. On a number of levels [levels, stairs, whatever, get it?]. And buying a cheap dresser from that Swedish place was what got us into this mess in the first place.
So we went plastic. And light. And, yes, sort of lame and pathetic.
Thus endeth the dresser saga. Talk about a boring post. . . .
Oh, and as for what we'll name the blog - you all are such a creative lot! I especially liked the suggestion of "burritos for breakfast". I also like "(deep in the heart of) fish for breakfast". So we'll see. I'm also thinking about a re-design of the blog to accompany the move and the new name.
You know, now that I have all this time on my hands.
4 comments:
The flower and tree pics are lovely. I hope now that you have the extra time we will get to see more of your photography.
Jay - you're too sweet! Yes, there'll be some more pictures soon, especially since we're headed down to my native land....
Was the original dresser an antique or something? Why so sticky?
the original dresser was from ikea. it looked nice, but it wasn't really built to last. rubbermaid bins, on the other hand. . . .
Post a Comment