Saturday, February 23, 2008

Fort Worth, Fort Woof, Etc.

This July, Kate and I will be moving to Fort Worth, Texas, because of a job that I got. I am extremely excited about this job, and I am also excited about moving to Fort Worth. One of the nice things about that city that Kate just noticed is that their dog park is called Fort Woof. That is a good name for a dog park.

We named our blog "fish for breakfast" shortly before we moved to Japan, and its name is a reference to traditional Japanese breakfasts. Now that we are moving to Texas, we are contemplating changing the name of our blog. We have a few good ideas, but we would appreciate ideas from our scores of loyal readers as well. So, loyal readers, what should we call our blog?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Would Fort Woof be too cheesy? Also, on second thought, dog park politics can get pretty nasty, so you might not want angry dog-parkers thinking it's a community forum.

Anonymous said...

How about "Grits for Yontif", or
"The Happy Horned Frog"?

If you get your own canine to visit "Fort Woof," I suggest you consider naming it the Japanese word for "Cute" or "Scary." I've heard those words are similar.

MD

Scoot said...

Perhaps for the sake of continuity, "Horned Frogs for Breakfast"? Ew, maybe not.

Anonymous said...

Tofu-eaters in cattle country?

O brave new world, that has such cowboys in it?

--Jen

Anonymous said...

What about 'Chili (or maybe chilly) in the Heat'?

Anonymous said...

two from MM:

"Burritos for breakfast" or

"Hush Puppies for breakfast"

(assure KEM that those puppies aren't animals...)

MD

Anonymous said...

"texas for breakfast"

Anonymous said...

Lindsey Rosen's idea was:

Tex-Mex for Brex

Anonymous said...

Yuppies Loving Puppies (?)

- Stan

Unknown said...

I think you should wait until you get there and notice something strange. Just like eating fish for breakfast is strange to us...