I am writing today from an express train between Kofu, a small city in Yamanashi Prefecture, and Shinjuku Station, the busiest train station in Tokyo (and I believe also the busiest in the world).
I was in Yamanashi to visit my host family from the study abroad program that I did in college. I have kept in touch with this family and long time readers of the blog who also attended the 2004 Fishforbreakfast Wedding(tm) might remember the woman in this picture from that wedding (she wore a kimono):
I have also gotten some nice views of the cherry blossoms in Tokyo. This is by Waseda, the University where I am staying:
And here is a picture of me with Horst. Horst is spending a year as a visiting professor in Japan with his family. My father texted me while we were having dinner, and I had Horst call my dad from my phone. That really surprised my dad!
Here I am presenting on some of my research:
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing the record of your Japan experiences once again! The posts are always so much fun to read, and they bring back memories of how excited Mom and I were whenever we got a new one. Love, Dad
Post a Comment