Sunday, May 29, 2016

Kimonos

We took the kids to a local photo studio to get some pictures of them in kimonos.  This is a pretty common thing in Japan, especially when kids are 3, 5 and 7 (there is a related Shinto ceremony called Shichi-Go-San, which means 7-5-3).  Here are videos of each of them emerging in their Kimonos.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We are SO excited to show these videos to GG Lloyd tonight at dinner!

Love, Gramps

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! This is my "go to? when I am having a bad day. How adorable are they in their traditional Japanese garb. I love how Jacob (looking adorable as an authentic Japanese child) tried to go through the back door and how sweet he was looking at his sister and saying, "Natalie" so lovingly.Natalie looked lovely and seemed so proud. A precious moment in time. How I miss them!

Much love,
Bubbe

Lori said...

That brings not only a smile, but tears! These two are so sweet and adorable! Never mind cute!