I'm making a very honest attempt to catch-up, though. So here are some pictures from a fairly spur of the moment New-York-Minute trip I made for the wedding of a dear friend. Shockingly, there are frequent flier miles bargains to be had if you're willing to fly in/out of Newark in March. Who'd have thunk it?
Anyway, solo trip, out on Friday, back on Monday (in time for preschool pick-up, no less!). Total whirlwind. Totally awesome. Would do it again. (You know, now that I'm rested and not just delusional from fatigue. Or something.)
I arrived in the city in time for a late lunch with a knitting friend (who was every bit as lovely as I thought she'd be!). Then, Aufruf with the happy couple. I hadn't been to one of these since my own. It was very sweet - although not literally sweet, since there was no throwing of candy. Perhaps it's not too late?
Anyway, I had this weird feeling, standing there, watching one of my dearest friends up on the bimah. When I graduated from college, wow, did I know how I thought things were going to go down for both us for, you know, the rest of our lives. I knew it. And (this really ought to go without saying, but, well, the enemy of hubris is honesty, so, uh, duh), wow, was I ever wrong. Things turned out better and worse and sadder and happier and altogether different than I ever thought possible. You. Just. Never. Know.
Luckily, I was able to keep my deep thoughts to myself and be (hopefully) a somewhat pleasant dinner guest (Real conversation! With adults! About not-work! The mind boggles!). Dinner was totally awesome; my joy was only diminished by the fact that Mike missed one of the best meals of my life.
Just how serious are the chefs about cooking? Behold their spice rack:
I took lots of photos of the meal, but, shockingly, iPhone pictures of food + photographer enjoying the food and drinks don't make for amazing pictures. Here is my best shot:
Enjoyment:
Other weekend happiness:
I should also add that I had a very lovely meal with representatives of the Michigan crew. Which, well, must be proof of how much they adore Mike.
Can't be in New York without a (non-cranberry) bagel. Or so I'm told. And, yes, I brought some home!
Wedding scenes. This is what happiness looks like:

















No comments:
Post a Comment