Sunday, October 27, 2013

Catching up: A Confession

I have a confession. Jacob turned nine months on October 12th. And I don't have a picture. What I do have is  . . . an excuse? Jacob and I were in San Diego, we were doing baby shower stuff and celebrating Uncle Eric's birthday - we were *busy*.

I did, however, take plenty of pictures that weekend. So there's that.


As mentioned above, I was in town for the baby shower of a dear friend. It was a lovely weekend filled with lots of events. We started with brunch on Friday morning:


We ate at Claire's on Cedros. In a small bit of heresy, I fear this is fast becoming my new favorite place for breakfasts in San Diego. My old standby has been a little stinky lately. Next time I'm in town, though, I'm totally going to try Caroline's Seaside Cafe.

We also had a lovely dinner Friday night. I got to see many old friends and eat some amazingly delicious food.



Group shot: changes, etc.


Also, I love this crew. These are some of my nearest and dearest and oldest friends. We don't see each other all that often, but I feel very lucky and happy that we've all kept in touch.

Jacob came to the (super-fancy) baby shower. Can't have a baby shower without a baby, right? Or something. Here's the before shot:


Here are a few pictures from the shower itself:


The food was delicious. And the tea party was so fun! It totally makes me want to take Ms. Natalie out for tea downtown the next time we're in San Diego. Natalie loves her some tea parties.

Baby gift:

And here's Jacob after the party. He was a real trooper all weekend long, considering that he was off his schedule and in a new place. He finally just had had enough!


What else did we do in San Diego? Well, we hit the beach - which, oddly, I failed to photograph. I received a fancy new running watch (I considered photographing that, but, well, hard as it may be to believe, I actually try to make the blog moderately interesting!). Here's a post-beach-run shot at my new favorite coffee place.



We also spent some quality time with Oma.



My favorite part of these photos is how you can see a framed picture of my grandfather (from his college track days) just over my grandmother's shoulder.

I also tried to make coffee. From the Things-That-Make-You-Go-Hmmm file:



 We also celebrated Eric's birthday:


Cake was my usual carrot (embellished with extra spices; walnuts, not pecans; half the sugar as brown sugar; and I use the food processor to first shred and then pulse the carrot to get the texture right) with this cream cheese frosting (my new go-to).

San Diego was great! The weekend away - combined with Mike traveling out of town the following weekend - meant that October was sort of a crazy schedule scramble. Luckily, I have next blog post to cover the rest of October, pre-Halloween!

No comments: