This year, Natalie is in the pre-k class (the oldest class in the school) and Jacob is in the baby room (the youngest kids in the school).
Here they are on the first day:
So far, school seems to be going well for both of them. In fact, both Mike and I were at school on Friday for the Rosh Hashanah assembly.
Natalie's comment on the whole event was: "I dipped my honey in my apples!" Which, um, well, is about the size of it.
Of course, we're still doing our fill of summer things. It may be September, but it's still 104 here. Aaaah, Texas! So here are some swimming pics!
Big Boy has a tooth!
Random other pics:
Also, this was the scene when I walked in the door from work the other afternoon. How sweet is that?
We've been eating well (as always!). 100% whole wheat blueberry muffins:
Hello Dolly Bars:
Popcorn chocolate chip cookies. (Oh yes, I did. And so should you!)
Cantaloupe salsa, with cantaloupe, tomatoes, and peppers from our garden:
It's also birthday party season. Here are some pics from a party a few weeks ago:
Moving backward in time, I want to share with some belated summer snaps. Natalie's school was closed the last week of summer. So we found her this great art camp, but we were all a little nervous about it - it would be her first time going anywhere other than her school. But she did so great! And the camp was amazing! We're already planning to do another week next summer. The theme for the session she attended this year was "undersea art" - here's one of her finished products. Isn't it awesome?
Natalie also went to get a back-to-school haircut. This was a bit bittersweet, as it was the first time she sat by herself (not on Mike's lap). She's getting so big.
(The dress in the pic on the right is from my friend Natalie, "Tall Nani," for those in the know.)
Friday afternoon, Natalie was playing play-doh when I brought over her afternoon snack. I sat down beside her with my own cup of tea. She asked for one, so I got her one. Then she declared, "Let's just be two ladies drinking tea and playing play-doh!" Let's!
Here she is hiding, post-bath . . . .
Jacob has no shot at hiding after the bath:
This is Natalie, chilling in the backyard and looking for a back-to-school apartment.
Guess summer's really over. Say what?!
A sweet and happy new year to you!
1 comment:
Loved getting a peek into the day to day life of my amazing grandchildren and family. Looks like it was a great summer and that back to school went very well.
How fun that Natalie is a tea drinker and an artist! And Jacob is looking like such a big boy! Lots of love to all and thank you for this awesome posting as usual.
Bubbe
Post a Comment