Friday, August 16, 2013

August

I swear, July 4th was, like, yesterday.

And now here we are on the last weekend of summer. I want a do-over! Both Jacob and Natalie start school on Monday. It feels like time is slipping through my fingers. Except, well, we've been busy doing things. But it still seems like summer has evaporated. I don't get it.

We celebrated our wedding anniversary this month. Nine years ago, this was the scene:


Now let me share some pictures from our family photo shoot. The digital images are pretty low quality, but we do have prints with more clarity.




Times change, eh? I wouldn't have it any other way.

To celebrate, Mike made an excellent just-us dinner after the kiddos went to bed:




There was also chocolate mousse for dessert. Or, um, maybe there wasn't . . . .

Time for some pictures of the kids. First question: Is Natalie still into cats? Most assuredly, yes. Here she is with the backpack Uncle Eric and Aunt Melanie sent her for her birthday. They sure have her number!



(She even takes her milk at breakfast in a bowl, kitty-style.)

Playing birthday party:

Puzzles:

 And with her friend:

 Natalie still loves gymnastics:

J-boy loves, well, everything. He's such a happy, snuggly baby!



Jacob is getting better at both sitting independently and scooting around.



His progress is great, as he's SEVEN MONTHS OLD. GAH.


 I went to a challah-making class this month. Seeds!


 I also made peach pie (peeeeeaaaach paaaaahhhhhh!!!!). From scratch. Natch!


The garden made a cantaloupe:

Speaking of making things, some of you know that I belong to an online social network for knitters. I know there must be nerdier-sounding things out there in the universe, but, well, there you have it. Also, it is awesome. When I was expecting Natalie, I joined a group on the site for women who were also expecting in the summer of 2009. Many of us have stayed in touch, and the women on there are a great, amazing resource. They truly are dear friends. I've met some of them in person in Atlanta a few years back, but most of them I know only through the computer. But we've supported each other through highs and lows, successes and losses, and all the other big and small stuff that comes with having families. They sent me package to welcome Jacob, complete with a group-made blanket.

 

I'm going to leave you with this dash of retro cuteness (onesie also from my summer mothers friends):


2 comments:

Dove said...

Yay, we made the blog!

I love Natalie drinking milk from a bowl.

Anonymous said...

With every post, I want to say..this is the best yet..but really everyone is so good and leaves me feeling so happy inside and most of all happy that I am related to y'all!

What a great family. Love catching up this way!

Stay happy!

love,
Bubbe