Thursday, September 06, 2012

August & Back to School

So much for my plan to blog more frequently, huh? I will say that we do have amazingly cute Rosh Hashanah video coming your way, so I am, at least, thinking about future blogging, even if my execution is lacking a little.

Anyway, life's been just peachy!
 (Sorry! I couldn't resist. Also, the chair, table, and shirt are peachy, too!)

Actually, we've had a very, very busy August. First, it was our anniversary. Time capsule pic:

We celebrated at home, at Chez Chรจvre  (the best pop-up restaurant in the city). Doughnuts were a featured item. Also, home-made doughnuts? Possibly the best food EVER. I do not exaggerate, alas.

And, because I have that kind of amazing goat, I got flowers, too!

Then, Natalie's school ended its summer session just as work got busy for both Mike and me. And no childcare in August just isn't an option for us! Luckily, the very generous and kind grandparents were able to pitch in.

Mike's parents were here first.


 There was plenty of time to do yoga.

And play games. 

(I believe baby-in-the-bucket is a variation on Jack-in-the-box. Or maybe pop-goes-the-weasel.)

My mom came for the middle two weeks of August. By then things were so busy that I really didn't take very many pictures. I'm sorry. But here's a picture of when Grandma Pat took Natalie out to play in the rain (Yes, it rained! For real! And, now it's September. Aaaaand 106. So there you go.) 

We went to a train-themed birthday party for one of the kids in her class. We actually got to ride on the little kiddie train as part of the party.
 

The train was cool, but clearly the cake also made a big impression on Natalie. Here she is "playing birthday cake" the next day. A girl after my own heart!

We've also been going to a gymnastics class on Saturday mornings. Class is held in a real gymnastics gym (not a glorified toddler gym), so I think at first it might have been a bit noisy and overwhelming / overstimulating for her. But she seems to be liking it more and more (donkey kicks! forward rolls! balance beam!). Last Friday, we took her to open gym - this is basically just play time on all the equipment, no instruction is provided. For the big kids, it's drop-off, but for the little kids, the parents stay. Natalie loved it!  

And then we came home and had a cuddle. Always time for cuddles.

Here's a random shot of Natalie hiding during a game of hide a seek.

School also (finally!) re-started for us. Natalie is in the Horned Frog class this year. Here she is trying out some potential back-to-school fashions. (What looks like a skirt is actually a shirt around her waist; the other shot is a little heavy on the winter wear for Texas in August.)

Here are her shoe options (or "playing shoe store"). 

We went for a different look on the big day. 

Hope the end of August and start of September / school has been good to you!

No comments: