Sunday, October 17, 2010

Autumn Adventures

This weekend we did two neat things. Well, I suppose if you count Friday afternoon's trip to the zoo, we did three. The zoo trip, though, was a little stressful. It was just me, and I was meeting another mom from last spring's swim class. This meant that although the baby giraffe was really cute and close and the lion was up and walking around, all I got were a few shots of our favorite little animal:Our little animals may have learned a new trick: walking! We saw her take three steps together a few days ago, but since then, it's been crawl city. So we'll see.Natalie continues to enjoy her cabinet:I bought a pumpkin this weekend, but Natalie sort of thinks of it as a new toy.Also, I know this picture isn't as good (except of the bashed-up pumpkin), but I just wanted you to see her shirt, which I love. The shirt says "I whaley love you." I find this hilarious.Okay, so about the two new things we did this weekend proper. First, Mike and I made a genuine Mexican fiesta: red enchiladas, Mexican rice, and ensalada de noche buena. Note that this was the first time making all these recipes for us, and we served the meal to company!The enchiladas really did take the cake, though. Here's the before shot - Mike made the sauce from scratch. And, yes, those fresh chiles in front are from our garden, thank you for asking!I don't actually have any shots of us eating the enchiladas, but here's Natalie with leftovers the next day:Clean-up here actually required baby wipes, not just the washcloth we normally use.

New thing number two was the corn maze we visited this afternoon.It wasn't as a-maiz-ing as the big one we once went to in Washington, but it was fun. Also, it wasn't maize, but sorghum - just so we're clear.And here is some lettuce that looks like Christmas trees.

3 comments:

Aunt Jenny said...

Soooo cute. Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

I loved the pix of my favorite little animal! How nice that fall in Fort Worth is excellent for outdoor adventures.

That dinner menu looks wonderful! I found myself thinking that the salad would be a good part of a delicious Thanksgiving meal. Hmm...

Love, Gramps

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures of a wonderful family! Lots of fun fall activities!! Can't wait to see you all!

love,
bubbe