Sunday, June 13, 2010

Soccer weekend

This was a very exciting weekend in our house as this weekend marked the start of the World Cup. Can I just say what a great sports year this has been? First the Winter Olympics and now the World Cup! Awesome.

I was even inspired to break out my special good-luck-USA-shirt from the 1994 World Cup. In 1994, I went to a game at the Rosebowl, watching Romania beat the U.S. 1-0 (Interestingly enough, all these years I had remembered it as the US beating Romania 1-0. Talk about revisionist history!).Natalie got into the games:But we didn't stay inside and watch TV all weekend. We also broke out Natalie's kiddie pool. The instructions for this stated "set-up should be done by a mature and responsible adult." Um, yeah. I promptly set to blowing it up. Except it actually fills with water. And then the water squirts out. So, basically I was blowing it up, only to have the air escape out all the little water squirt holes. It took longer that it ought to have for me to realize this. But then we corrected the problem and had a grand time:Until, of course, we weren't.And then it was time to get out.The adults also played croquet. Team Mausz was not triumphant, alas.(Missing photo credit added: the pool and croquet pictures were all taken by our friend Ariane)

Here are a few other recent pictures:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved this post (I love them all...) B and I will be kissing those gorgeous cheeks in less than 3 weeks; I'm excited!

Gramps

Christine said...

She is just so gorgeous with such expressive eyes. She doesn't look anything like the newborn baby picture I still have on my fridge. Always love reading the updates and seeing the pictures. Love to you all.

Anonymous said...

Kate, loved seeing you in your great world cup shirt! Natalie in the pool stole the show . . . she looked like she was having a ball . . . like you said, til she wasn't! Can't wait to see you all!


Love,Bubbe

katem said...

Christine! Great to hear from you! How are you? How's it going? Let's catch up!