Sunday, May 02, 2010

Recent Projects

Natalie pretty much takes all our time - but recently I've managed to squeeze in a few extra projects.

First, there was this cake for a recent dinner party we attended. The crust called for chocolate graham crackers, but I couldn't find any of those at the store. So, in our cake, the secret ingredient was Teddy Grahams! No one seemed to mind . . . .Second, after an early start, a late snow, and then a late-late re-start, the garden chugs along.If the basil above looks like it has perhaps seen better days, it might be the fault of the creature below.
(And because I'm an ex-apartment girl, I had to grab the camera and take pictures, even as I had a sinking feeling that the bunny and all its bunny friends might regard our yard as salad bar central)

The mint is doing well.We'll have some berries in a few weeks.And I'm also nurturing a volunteer peach tree (and, yes, I know it may never fruit. But I'm holding out hope, anyway).The last of the bulbs I planted are just fading.But the Natalie Tree is leafing out nicely - I was worried that the cold winter we'd had had hurt it, but I guess things are fine.And here's the Natalie baby herself.(the picture above was my submission for the New York Times' "A Moment in Time" photo project)
(And this picture was just too sweet not to share!)

3 comments:

Linda said...

Looks like you have a wonderful life there, Mike. Your daughter is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures . . . Natalie is even more scrumptious than the cake! Such a smiley girl! We love her!

MHS said...

Thanks, Linda. You should come to Fort Worth for that conference! Bring your daughter, and our daughters can play together (although Natalie might be a little too young and boring for your daughter...).