Aunt Jo got some serious grandma practice in - a good thing, too, since she is to become a grandmother sometime this fall. I think she'll be a hit!
Here are some recent Natalie shots (including one of Natalie making her favorite counter-culture gesture):
The complete album is here (and can also be found here):
Aunt Jo's pics are here. For the life of me, I could NOT figure out how to get these images on our blog - if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know - Jo's pictures are great!
This blog is pretty much all Natalie, all the time, but I also want to tell you about some other things going on in the house.
First, our garden has suffered from some neglect on our part and from some searing heat from the sun, but we are still getting some tomatoes, lots of chile peppers, and a TON of basil. I remember trying to grow basil in Seattle - I had, like, three anemic yellow leaves. I now have, literally, a tree of basil in the backyard. Also, yesterday at Costco I bought a fancy compost tumbler that was on deep discount. Of course, the tumbler in its box was so big that it wouldn't fit in my little Corolla. So we had to take it out of the box; during the five minutes it took to do this, the chocolate chips I'd bought totally melted. Ahh, Texas. Anyway, pictures of that are coming once Mike assembles it. (Also, I'm sure that this will just give our neighbor one MORE thing to complain about, but, whatever.)
Second, I finally have a dresser! My old Ikea dresser broke when we were still living in Seattle (and by "broke", I mean, held my clothes just fine, but refused to give them up when I wanted to wear them). So I had been using some rubbermaid bins. This was an okay solution - durable, and very easy to move, but lacking somewhat in the charm department. This is my new dresser. It isn't assembled yet, either - and there's no particular rush, I guess. But pictures of that are forthcoming, too.
You know, because pictures of a compost tumbler and dresser are what you're really after....
5 comments:
Thanks for the wonderful post! Loved the stories of your adventures - and of course the pix.
My 2 favorite pix were (1) when Natalie is chewing on her mother's shoulder, and (2) when she (Natalie, not her mom) posed with a white towel or diaper (?) on her head and looked rather like an English barrister.
Love, Gramps
Natalie is growing up . . . I can really see the changes in our little doll. More alert. So wide-eyed. I love her bigger than the sky!! Will you whisper that in her ear? She is one lucky litle Natalie to be so loved by both of you and everyone who meets her.
Love,
Bubbie B.
Actually, I AM looking forward to the pictures of the compost tumbler and the dresser.
Is that strange?
--Jen Em
Jen - no judgment. We are happy to oblige - just give us some time!
So cute! Congrats on the new furnishings, and you'll have to let us know how the composting goes - we did a one-year heap with minimal success. :) As to posting/linking pics from another gallery into blogspot, the one option if they won't give up URLs (which I don't think Kodak supports) is to download them manually and report either to your Flickr site or direct to Blogspot.
Post a Comment