I've been absent from the blog for a few weeks - something about growing another human being, pushing said being out of my body, and then caring for said being. Makes for busy days, really.
Alas, no new Natalie pictures today since I try not to put personal pictures on my work's computer (which is the laptop I'm currently using). Eventually, I'll get a new computer of my own and then I'll go picture-crazy. I know there are new pictures to share, though, so watch this space....
I feel incredibly lucky that we've essentially had round-the-clock help for three weeks in the form of my mother, Mike's parents, and then Mike's sister. I can't thank them all enough for coming to help us! But all good things must come to an end: Last night was our first night alone just the three of us. We did okay. Natalie decided to have one of her very cute alert periods (where she waves her arms around and takes it all in) from 2am to 4am. So that was a little challenging, but at least she wasn't fussing. We're all a little zonked this morning, though.
Further complicating the zonked-ness is that Mike had some minor oral surgery this morning. He's back home now and resting comfortably. But this could make for some more challenges today and tonight.....
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh no! Men in pain...worse than babies. Oh, just kidding, Mike!
Was Mike teething again? :) Hope you guys are doing okay!
Post a Comment