Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Natalie's Third Day

Today we were discharged from the hospital. Natalie had her first car ride, and her first view of our house and garden. She had a nap in her bassinet, and before falling asleep, she gazed at the mobile, following it as it turned. This surprised me a little, since it was probably about 18 inches away from her, and I thought that her field of vision was only about 8 inches.

Below is a slideshow of pictures from her third day, which you can also find here. I assume that we will keep writing daily blog posts until she is about 23 or so.


7 comments:

Miso said...

Welcome home, Natalie! I like your giraffe threads, and I'm glad you like your mobile.

Anonymous said...

I am not a doctor, but I am a math teacher, so:
if Natalie can see something at 18 inches where normal mortals can only see them at 8 inches, I think that means that my granddaughter is 225% smarter than average...

Anonymous said...

Our little Natalie. Adorable beyond words. You have made me anofficial member of SGC . . . The Smitten Grandparents Club! In fact, I think I am the president!

Love you! Michigan Grandma Brenda

Scoot said...

Welcome home! And yup, the daily posts lasted us for maybe a month or so -- then the sleep deprivation started to win out. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kate and Mike. She is beautiful!!!

Can't wait to meet her.

Best Regards,

Jim English

Julie said...

What a beautiful little girl! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the slide show. There is so much "cuteness" in one little girl. Welcome to your new home Natalie! Love, Missy Selfon