Saturday, July 25, 2009

Natalie's Fifth Day

On her fifth day, Natalie returned to the hospital so that they could make sure that she is getting enough food when she nurses (this was a previously scheduled, routine appointment). I went grocery shopping while Natalie was at the hospital, but according to her mother, Natalie ate so well that she could be the next Takeru Kobayashi.

Last night, we made Natalie her first shabbat dinner. I made some sole and quinoa, and Kate made a loaf of challah. Unfortunately, Natalie was not able to eat any of it, but she did seem a little bit interested in the food, prayers, and songs.

Here are pictures from her fifth day (which can also be found here):

3 comments:

Aunt Jenny said...

Shabbat shalom, Natalie! I love the picture that shows your cute little toes. And what a beautiful challah, Kate! I can't wait to see you three soon.

Anonymous said...

We love you our dear little Natalie. It is so nice that she had her first Shabbat dinner. I can't wait to see her beautiful self in person!!! ...and you guys too.

Love, Michigan Grandma

Anonymous said...

She is discovering herself and who she is... Precious girl... precious time together for your all. The blessing said each Shabbas night with your hands cupped over the head of your beloved angel will be especially sweet... Continue to enjoy and bask in this wonderful time in your lives...
Love Grancho