Monday, June 08, 2009

The cleanest baby ever

Last weekend our friends here in town threw us/me a baby shower. We feel so lucky to have had so many baby showers as well as to made so many good friends here in such a short time. The shower was super-sweet.

(Also, let me say that the delay in posting this is related to my not having a computer at home. But I now do have a desk, so a computer will follow shortly. You know, as soon as I decide what I want....)

The food at the shower was totally yummy! This was a traditional ladies-only kind of shower, but there was food enough for the men when they returned (they had lunch and then went to play laser tag).The shower had lots of games - identifying baby pictures, matching celebrities and the names of their babies (and Apple was one of the easy ones, let me tell you!), word association, writing birthday cards to the baby for future birthdays, identifying baby food, etc. The games were fun, and there were even prizes. I didn't win anything; I have a lot to learn - and not just about celebrity baby names!

We also received some lovely baby gifts, including a hand-made quilt and a swing. As someone who is sloooooowly knitting a baby blanket, I'm so impressed by actual, finished hand-made baby items. We're also super-excited about the swing since I've heard those can really calm babies (you know, just in case our baby cries. Like, occasionally, or something).(Mom, the above picture is for you. I look totally stupid in it [me and my lame swing-y hair], but you wanted a profile picture, so here it is)(Also, apparently, I no longer open my eyes for photos. New policy)

In non-baby-related news, our garden survived our absence in Seattle and is doing fine. The slugs seem overly interested in the pepper plants, though. I've tried the beer trick, but I'm not totally sure this has been successful. The tomato plants, though, are setting flowers and fruit, so that's great. We also have one eggplant, two bell peppers and one chili pepper.Also, coming soon are photos of our new living room and the baby's room. In the living room, we've got the new couches and Mike has assembled our bookcases. I'm just waiting until we hang one more picture, then I'll get some photos. We're also waiting on wall decor to go up in the baby's room - the crib and changing table have been assembled, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The shower looks so nice. What great friends you have. Kate, you are so cute pregnant!

I love the quilt and also the blanket you are knitting in the primary colors.

It is so close . . .and we are so excited.

and wow . . . the vegetable are beautiful! Green thumb you have there.

Love, Brenda

Anonymous said...

I like the swingy hair shot. Reminds me of the Sports' Illustrated Swimsuit Edition.

You and the garden look great!

Jen Em