Thursday, December 11, 2008

Double Happiness Weekend

I thought I'd better post about last weekend before this next weekend arrives!

Last weekend was a double birthday party weekend! First, on Saturday, we went Chuck E. Cheese for the 5th birthday of the son of one of Mike's colleagues. This was my first time being in Chuck E. Cheese as an adult. Granted, we were there at 10 in the morning, but it was less dark, crazy, and noisy than I'd feared it would be. Mike and his colleague even played some hoops:The mouse, however, is still weird and creepy, even as an adult.And then on Sunday we celebrated my birthday. We went back to my new favorite restaurant (at the Modern Art Museum here in town) with a few our friends for a lovely Sunday morning brunch. Mike even made an extremely delicious and chocolatey Milky Way Bar cake for me.
With a cake like that, how could I not have a good birthday???

We also have some tentative news on the house front. However, because I am believer that jinx is a causal force in the universe, I don't want to say too much just yet. But look for good news soon. Maybe. Jinx.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!
And my belief in good things happening to good people outweighs your belief in jinxes. Good news is on its way. :)

--Jen Em

Anonymous said...

Chuck E. Cheese, huh? Didja'll get in a brawl? I hear that's all the rage these days...
http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/12/11/parents-behaving-like-children/

P.S. That cake is off the hook!!! (I don't think people say that anymore, but it's the first thing I thought when I saw the picture.) Way to go, Mike!

MHS said...

I definitely say "off the hook." Constantly. So, thanks!