Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend 2008

Well, I don't have a lot of pictures to share, but I can say that a good time was had by all.

First, selected pictures of the meal. I wanted to take more pictures with the better camera, but there was significant pressure to move from the picture-taking part of the evening to the eating part of the evening, so these two were all I got.Friday morning we got a slow start. We toured around Fort Worth a bit, then ended up in the museum district, where we had a fabulous lunch and then a little stroll around one of the museums. We had a lovely birthday dinner that night.

Saturday morning we had breakfast at one of our favorite breakfast places, and then we went to the Japanese garden (housed within the Fort Worth Botantical Garden). The garden was beautiful - and now I know where all the red trees have been hiding! Fall here has had a real lack of brilliantly colored leaves, but the Japanese was garden was quite spectacular. The garden is big - about 7 acres, and you can really forget that you are in the middle of a city. Here are a few pics from the garden - I was shooting with our new little purse-friendly camera, so the pictures aren't quite as good as if I'd had my regular camera [or any camera that I was more familiar with]:







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that Japanese garden IS nice! Great pictures, too. :)

--Jen Em

katem said...

Thanks! The garden is really cool. I guess that's the kind of stuff cities can do when land is cheap...