The drive down there was surprisingly pretty and somewhat pastoral - trees, gentle hills, and creeks. It was also greener than I expected. Also, there was a giant statue of Sam Houston. You know, just 'cuz.
Here is a picture of Mike at the conference dinner and a picture of the city itself.
It wasn't quite *that* bad. Mike actually found a cute street that had a little crepe place with very delicious crepes.
But we were glad to get back to Fort Worth. There might be strip malls and freeways here, but they're familiar strip malls and freeways.
On Sunday, we went on a little picnic with our new friends Alex and Ariane. And by picnic, I mean we went to this outdoor place to eat food and play with our iphones.
1 comment:
Kate,
YOu make me laugh!! I love your game and I did vote. I do NOT want to go to Houston. You could have played frisbee with the new Iphones . . . they look sturdy!
On to new adventures!
love,
Michigan MOm
Post a Comment