Thursday, August 28, 2008

Toto, I don't think we're in Seattle anymore. . . .

-- That that place I've been thinking is a drive-thru espresso stand is actually a drive-thru liquor stand.

--This article was in the paper this morning.

-- It is, of course, a bazillion degrees. And what's this I hear about a hurricane?

[All this is also to say that I'll be in San Diego this weekend]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deep fried cookie dough doesn't oompare to the Michigan State Fair's fare: Deep fried twinkies and oreo cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw these for myself last week.
couldn't help but want to try the gooey goo goodness.

ancho

Anonymous said...

I can't decide if I am intrigued by the chicken-fried bacon, or disgusted. One thing I'm sure of: a piece of chicken-fried bacon would equal an hour on the elliptical machine. Yeesh.

--Jen Em

Anonymous said...

Favorite part of the article: the name of the company responsible for the chicken fried bacon--The Yoakum Packing Company, which the article helpfully adds, is in Yoakum.

wally said...

I could go for the deep fried cookie dough, the chicken-fried bacon AND a liquor stand.

wally t.

pee ess: Mike! Were you scurrrrrred seeing that Nebraska is being coached by Bo Pelini? His one other coaching gig was NU vs. MSU in the Animal Bowl a few years ago!!!! Nebraska sure booked a tough out of conference schedule, eh? :)