Tuesday, July 01, 2008

"School bus, this is little blue, over"

Today we started our journey to Fort Worth, and I am blogging from a motel in Baker City, OR. We actually packed up the apartment on Saturday (quite quickly, thanks to much help from our great friends), and we spend the weekend with our friends Scoot and Meh and their adorable baby Zachary. Scoot wrote a really nice piece on their feelings about our leaving Seattle on their blog today, and I can assure you that we feel the same way. I have lived in Seattle since 1999, and Kate since 2000. In that time, we have both made a lot of incredible friends, and Scoot and Meh are some of our oldest and closest (actually Scoot and my friendship dates back past our Seattle days, to our childhoods in Michigan). It was hard to leave Seattle today.

Two things made our journey a little easier. First, Kate's best friend, SYL, is accompanying us. We are taking both a moving van and a car, and thanks to SYL's presence, one driver always has company. Second, yesterday we picked up a pair of walkie-talkies, on the recommendation of SYL's boyfriend K. We have given each a code name -- the big yellow moving van is "school bus," and the smaller sedan is "little blue" (hence the title of this blog entry). And they make coordinating things between the cars easier and more fun.

3 comments:

Scoot said...

Hope you guys are having a safe and fun journey!

Anonymous said...

I love the nicknames and the walkie talkie idea! Such subterfuge! Texas will never see you coming.

--Jen Em

Anonymous said...

Being your mother, I am very glad you got walkie-takies. I love the nicknames. Just be safe and have fun!!

Love,
MM