Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Our first goodbye

Tomorrow morning our friend Kris leaves for a three month training in the southeastern U.S. By the time he comes back, we'll have left for Texas. So we said goodbye on Sunday night. I know he'll be busy over the next few months, but I hope that we can all stay in touch and that he and SYL will come to Texas to see us.

I especially remember Kris' kindness that first summer when I came back from Japan alone. Kris always welcomed me, even though we really didn't know each other. I was lonely and he and SYL were always willing to have my company. I must have driven them crazy.

In other news, it's still pretty cold here. Spring, you could show up any time! Instead, they are predicting snow for the local mountains this weekend.

Saturday, however was a rare exception - sunny, warm, summer-like. We went to discovery park, to enjoy the ocean while we still could.And we saw a great dane puppy.And then on Sunday, it poured. Of course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did not drive us cray (originally a typo, but i'm keeping it in honor of your new slang word), and even if you had or ever do, I love you always!

P.S. I hope you went for a run today. We have a half marathon to train for. Fred Meyer awaits!