I don't even have any new pictures to share.
What have we been up to these last few weeks?
Two weeks ago I tried to make a famous orange cake. It didn't work out so hot. Oh well.
I'm working on some fancy socks. This is hard. So much counting. Luckily, I chose a colorful yarn, so my mistakes are mostly lost in the color changes in the yarn. Mostly.
Last week we went to Michigan for Passover. Mike presided over two great seders. We enjoyed the warm hospitality of Mike's family - it was so nice to see everyone in Michigan. We also had a few warm and sunny days. It was actually nicer in Michigan than in Seattle [It snowed here while we were gone. Seriously].
While we were in Michigan, much of family - both from the U.S. and England - went to Armenia for a ceremony honoring my great-grandfather. You can see pictures of their trip here.
I've also been working at cleaning out my side of the office, so that there's less to move eventually. I've also started hoarding boxes compulsively [hey, this is a university town - those free boxes are going to be mighty hard to come by in another month or so].
Last, I've signed up and totally committed myself to this half marathon on June 8. Since the course is at the foot of the Olympics and right along the water, I figure it'll be a nice farewell to Seattle. You know, if I'm even able to enjoy it. Seriously, my goal is just to finish before they take the course down. Or even after. Whatever.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The half-marathon (do you call it a "Mara" or a "Thon?) looks like it would be a lot of fun. How will you get there - ferry and then drive or just the drive?
I remember enjoying Port Angeles and Port Townsend while coming back to Seattle from Victoria many (10?) years ago.
Keep us posted.
MD
I'm not sure what we'll call it. Misery?
As for getting there, there are 5 of us going out there. So perhaps, if we can all squeeze into one car, we'll ferry both ways. Otherwise, maybe we'll drive down and around to get there and then ferry back. I'm not sure - mostly I'm just worried that everything will be very crowded and we'll have trouble finding somewhere to eat on Saturday night.
I'm walking in a Pre Mother's Day walk as a fundraiser/birthday celebration of two friends... should be fun. I'll only walk 5 miles however.. You're a champ compared to me!
ancho
Post a Comment