Sunday, October 14, 2007

ah-MAZE-ing fun

Today we went for our second annual corn maze/pumpkin patch trip (well, I guess it was really my second annual trip, as Mike was still in Japan at this time last year; I liked this year better!).

It's a bit of a drive to the farm, but so worth it! Zachary and his parents (and a special Zachary visitor from out of town!) came with us. We were also joined by a friend of ours from Japan.First, we wandered through the corn maze. Last year's maze theme was about Boeing, this year it was something about cars. Whatever - once you're in the maze, it all looks the same.That's even true if you go up on the viewing platform.After wandering through the maze for a while, we found our way out and headed over to the pumpkin patch. Although it's great to pick your pumpkin off the vine (as I did this year), I have to say that those squash stalks are awfully spiny!You can't beat the prices, though.We also bought a few gourds to make a table centerpiece.Yesterday was a bit more mellow, as we stayed at home all day. We did, however, take a walk around the lake. Fall is everywhere, as the leaves are totally starting to turn! Here are a few pictures from our walk.

No comments: