I had a great time! First, a shot of their dog, Jake:The graduation was held at the big Masonic auditorium in
We had a super-yummy post-graduation lunch of crepes. Later that evening, my cousin’s parents had a little open house to celebrate. The open house featured great Mediterranean food.
Saturday, the weather was, well, very
I saw an owl on the walk.Saturday evening we ate the leftover party food and celebrated my grandmother’s 90th birthday. This was a bit of a surprise party, as my grandmother sent an email several months ago explicitly forbidding any celebration of her birthday. Yeah, whatever. Also, for the record, I didn't even receive said email (I'm not sure what that says about what my grandmother thinks about me).
We had plenty of champagne on hand.
And my brother made a very delicious cake.
My grandmother, however, was not allowed to cut her own cake because, you know, we all wanted pieces we could see.
6 comments:
What exactly does
"LICK
WILM**DING"
mean? It is written on the banner at the back of the stage.
It is a meaningless vulgar expression frequently displayed at American graduation ceremonies.
Do not believe Mike. He is lying. Lick-Wilmerding is the name of my cousin's high school. I guess it was two schools started by two different people (hence the [last] names) and then they merged or something.
This is actually kind of funny because the girls at the school have these sweatpants that say (across the rear, because these days everyone has to have something written across the rear of her sweatpants) "Lick What?"
The owl is soooo cute! I hope the cake was good, and that you got an adequate slice :).
Allow me to correct a misconception: My grandparents Edna and Morris Lick-Wilmerding were the first co-presidents of the SF Board of Education. Edna always used to joke that she was glad that Morris' last name wasn't 'Pepper.'
Louise Lick-Wilmerding
What a wonderful celebration! Congratualtions to Jessie! I didn't know Grandma was turning 90. . . I will send her a card. And, I too, loved the owl! P.S. Mike you are silly like your dad!
michigan mom
Post a Comment