That is Japanese for "it's been a long time!" Kate and I have been quite busy with our teaching and "other obligations." Kate's major "other obligation" is her job, and mine is my dissertation (I have one chapter left to write, for those of you keeping score at home).
The academic job market is a nasty place, but I have just gotten a piece of good news. It seems that my department has hired me for next year as a lecturer. Now, this is a one-year position, without a chance of rolling over into a tenured position, but it is really great news, because I will be able to graduate this summer and go on the tenure track job market with my PhD in hand, which will increase my chances of getting a tenure track job.
Also, in March I went to a conference in Boston, and I finally got to meet Josh, the son of my childhood friend Seth. Here are some pictures from that trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Congratulations, Mike! I am so happy to hear this good news. You rock (as does your lovely wife)!
I can only hope that you will live up to the impossibly high standards I have set for the position.
(congratulations! now, finish the dissertation.)
As a clarification, "gmack" currently holds the position that I will be holding next year. He is leaving to take up a tenure track job out east.
Congratulations, Mike! You have a job: hurrah! You are almost done with your dissertation: hurrah!
And a thousand hurrahs to Kate as well, for surviving her time with the surly high school kids. Horrors!
--Jen Em
Congratulations!!
Hisashiburi!
Congratulations!! I'll do may best, too.
Post a Comment