Sunday, November 12, 2006

My big weekend

Well, I was supposed to be puppy-sitting this weekend, meaning that I would have been able to wow you all with cute puppy pictures. Unfortunately, because of all the rain, the hiking activity that the people with the puppy were going to do was cancelled. So no puppy for me. Or you.

Instead, I’ll share with you a picture of a cake I made on Friday. I used this book, a book that some in my family have made fun of me for liking so much.

Also on Friday I went to see Daisy. While not a puppy, she was looking quite hip in her new fall hat. Daisy is also starting to rival Chuck for getting things balanced on her head: I watched her get a bone, a couch cushion, a head of garlic, and some other things I can’t remember placed on her head.

Baby Emma’s sweater is coming along. I’ve attached one sleeve, so I’m feeling quite good about things. Besides, small clothes are hip, right?

Baby Emma has also gone public with her new blog.

Sadly, I think that my half-marathon dreams are over. I've been pretty sick since last weekend and haven't run at all. This morning, despite a bad cough, I vowed to get out and clock some miles. I barely made it three, despite making nine two weeks ago. Perhaps a spring race is more realistic for me. . . .

In other news, tonight I went to this sushi place that Mike finds pretentious. I really like(d) it – I found it fun and hip. Except that tonight there was a spill in the bar up above the restaurant. And it dripped down. On me. On my hair. The restaurant peed on me! I guess Mike doesn’t really have to worry about me agitating to go there once he gets back.

2 comments:

Elias Punch said...

the cake looks really, really delicious! and so does the sweater. and the baby. can't comment on the dog.

katem said...

You would eat the sweater? And the baby?

(but not the dog?)