This is a post of felicitations, in no particular order (except the chronological).
- On Thursday, my best friend from college, the sparkling and scintillating Marianne became DR. Marianne, if you know what I mean . . . . Now, if you have any questions related to the use of foreign languages in Shakespeare, you know who to call, STAT!
- On Saturday, my cousin J. (who lives in San Francisco) qualified for the state cross country championships. From the way I understand things, he qualified both as an individual and was instrumental in helping his whole team could qualify. Just how fast is he? How about 5:20 for the first mile, and 16:40 for three miles! Let’s see . . . in 16:40, I think I could run about a mile and, oh, a sixth. Clearly, this skill is not so much genetic.
- Later on that very same Saturday, my other cousin E. (who also lives in San Francisco and may or may not be related to the first cousin) was the goalkeeper in her team’s league championship game. I’m told that she had several great saves during the game. A very remarkable part of this story is that E. is playing up in a team two years above her age level!
Do you have something for which we ought to be congratulating you? Do share!
2 comments:
Congrats to J and E.
My own personal bragging: the refrigerator at work had a leftover pizza. I didn't eat the whole thing. Those who know me would be impressed...
MD
Oops - and congratulations, of course, to Dr. Montgomery!!
sorry!!!
MD
Post a Comment