The fans sit in separate sections for the team they are rooting for, and they stand and sing songs together the whole time their team is batting (and when the other team is batting they sit quietly). I had never been to a Swallows game before, but their fans are really fun. When they score a run, they all get out these tiny umbrellas (we're talking thousands of tiny umbrellas), open them up, and sing a song with them. It is the BEST. We were just getting out our normal umbrellas to participate in the fun, and people seemed ok with that.


On an unrelated note, now that the Detroit Tigers are doing well, it seems like everyone wants to wear the Old English "D."
3 comments:
We will bring our huge golf umbrellas to the Tiger game and see if this catches on.. or if we will merely be starting a fist fight with the people whose eyes we poked out behind us.
Now THAT is a good-looking Tigers fan!
The cheering and singing when one's own team is batting is cool; I can't imagine the silence by the other fans.
Does Japan have a pro basketball league? If so, your assignment is to find out about their fans' customs.
Shane B.
Now that sounds like an event!!! I wonder who made that up!!! I would have loved to have been there. Hey, Mike I hope you brought your Detroit Tiger shirt. I bet you could sell it for many yens!!!
Can't wait to see you!!!
MM
Post a Comment