In honor of Japan's recent announcement of its 23 man roster for the upcoming world cup soccer tournament, Kate and I have created an online soccer picks league. We encourage you all to join-- it is free, quite easy, not much of a time committment, and the prize--glory--is priceless.
To join, go here. Click on "Germany Cup Pick'em," and then create an account or sign in to your existing account. Create an entry (a clever name is required), and then click "create or join group." Our group name is "Soccer for Breakfast" and our password is "tsukuba."
Join up!
On an unrelated note, we just got back from a weekend visiting my host family in Hokkaido, the northern-most island of Japan. My host mother actually attended our wedding, so I know that many of our readers got to meet her. She is doing very well. She now has two dogs, Bibi and Koko, who are quite sweet. Her and my host father both have pictures of the dogs on their cell phones.
I hadn't been to this particular city in Hokkaido, called Hakodate, since 1998, and it was really nice to be back. The city is quitely charming, and it brought back good memories of the summer I spent there. Kate took a picture of the school where I took Japanese, framing it in such a way as to make it appear to be a reform school. I'm sure she will post that picture shortly, along with lots of other good pictures of our weekend.
Monday, May 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
First there were Frommer tour books and now there are Marshall/Strausz travel blogs!
You must have loved spending time with 2 (!) dogs. I presume they were more friendly than the wolf-dogs of Northern Michigan...
Thanks for keeping your fans up to date!!
MD
Post a Comment