Saturday, May 06, 2006

Peony Garden

Today was a beautiful and warm spring day. To celebrate, we went with some of our friends to have a picnic in this garden that featured lots of peonies. The garden was about a 20 minute drive from our house.

The peonies were simply beautiful. I had no idea that peonies came in so many colors.

The rest of the garden was quite nice as well.

After the peony garden, we also stopped at this public park that had some fields of poppies. However, we were a bit early for most of the poppies, so maybe we’ll try to go back in a few weeks.

And now, since you've made it through what might a be pretty boring post, I offer you a little dessert:

3 comments:

Eric said...

pretty...makes me think of gramma

Anonymous said...

Peonies are gorgeous! Lovely that you are enjoying the weather and nature and each other -
miss you..

Anonymous said...

Kate,

I would love to have on of your peony pictures to frame. They are gorgeous.

Love MM (alias "Flower Child")