Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Long Awaited News Re: Our Schedules

I just found out I got a three month extension of my grant, which means I will be here until the end of November. So, here is our scheduling information, for those of you keeping track at home:

Late June: return to Western US to meet my parents and for a friend's wedding. After wedding, MHS returns to Japan, but Katem remains in US.

July: MHS presents at a conference in Fukuoka, where he stayed when he went to Japan in high school. He stays with his old host mother, but the rest of the host family will be out of town. The paper will be in English. He is concerned about the Fukuoka heat, and may dress in the cool biz style.

Weekend of Nov 11: MHS presents at a conference in Ohio.

Late November: MHS moves back to US.

December: MHS and (maybe) Katem visit MHS's family for Hanukkah.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Mike, on the extension!

(How have I become the only nerd commenting?)

Anonymous said...

Wait, Marianne, I too am a nerd. :-)

Do you think that your wonderful Fukuoka host mom will object to being called your "old host mother?"

Seriously though, congratulations on receiving your extension, and though it will keep you out of the US awhile longer, I am glad for you.

MD

MHS said...

Marianne,

Yeah, I remember when this site used to be commented on by a large and diverse group of people. Where have you gone, commenting nerds!?

Anonymous said...

Here comes another commenting nerd!! MMHS, I am proud and happy for you both for your extension grant and for your invitation to speak at a conference. Old Mom will love having you!!! We miss you and look forward to seeing you both!!! MM

Anonymous said...

Daisy wants to know why she is the only dog who posts. She says she is looking forward to your return so that you can rub her belly and give her treats.

--Jen

Anonymous said...

Very proud of your extension... but don't you miss us and want to come home soon?!!!!!
misscho