There are no pictures from art this week because I forgot the camera.
We did a watercolor leaf-stencil project.
It’s funny – the directions were pretty specific, so I worried that all the pictures would look the same, that I was over-directing, etc.
But, of course, the pictures looked totally different from each other.
In part, this was because not all the students followed the directions regarding keeping your paper wet, using light colors before you use dark colors, etc.
But that was okay.
The pictures are all great.
Thanks for all the feedback on the hat issue. I hope to re-start the hat soon.
I also had lunch on Tuesday with two women from my morning Japanese class, so that was fun. I just might be making some friends, after all! One thing that I've realized that makes making friends with other foreigners hard is that most people live in very small apartments, so inviting people over isn't really an option. And when you can't speak the language "going out for coffee" turns into a huge stressor. So it is pretty easy to be pretty isolated.
Also, here’s a picture – just for fun! And, I suppose, for another guessing game. What is this? And no fair reading the label, if you can.

5 comments:
Here are my official guesses (I have covered up the label so that the Japanese words wouldn't help me answer the puzzle...)
I think it is either candies, crackers or small soaps.
MD
Hi Kate,
I'm sorry to hear about your hat. At least it wasn't something bigger (and more time-consuming)! I have a couple of good hat patterns, too. I just made an elf earflap hat for my little niece (and one for me, I must admit). It's knit on bulky yarn & size 15 needles, and took about 2 hours to make. Let me know if you'd like me to mail any patterns over to you! Take care & give my best to Mike.
-Amy
Hi Amy, I am currently trying another hat on smaller needles with different yarn. Hopefully, this project will be successful and will break the hat funk, and then I can go back and fix the first hat!
1)birthday shout out to Mike
2)can put that elf hat pattern as an attachment? I'd like to see it =o)
3)EVERLASTING-GOBSTOPERS!!I KNEW THEY WERE REAL =oD
I think your grand adventure is awesome!
-=liz=-
Elf hat pattern? I'm confused by what you mean. Tell me what you want, and I'll try to send it to you.
Post a Comment