The good news: I knit my first hat
The bad news: I hate it, and it's ugly, and I think I'll unwind it all and re-knit it on smaller needles. Also, the yarn might be too itchy to use alone, no matter what I do.
I promise pictures of the first hat I make that I actually like.
Tuesday, November 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about the hat disaster! Did you have a good pattern? If not, let me know and I can send you some.
If it makes you feel better, I knitted about 2/3 of a sleeveless sweater before deciding I hated the color and knew no one who would wear it. So now it sits in my study collecting dust. And I have a scarf with the same problem.
Yeah, the pattern wasn't the problem. Rather, it was the fact that I was using two strands of variegated yarn together. So instead of making nice stripes, I made nice clumps of color. And I was knitting on size 15 needles, so these are BIG clumps of color.
I plan to start again with one strand of said yarn (I think in the US, it is Noro's kureyon), and a solid colored strand of mohair (or angora?) to cut the itchiness.
Mmm. . . clumps.
ooh, I like kureyon. I think my mom is making a hat with it right now. Your plan sounds good. I might also drop down to a smaller needle, like a 10 or 10.5. It's not that chunky a yarn. Bad color disasters are a learning experience. Good luck with the re-knit!
I like to crochet, Kate. It goes much more quickly than knitting and the patterns and stitches can be very creative. Last year I crocheted 12 scarves as gifts around Chanukah....but then developed severe hand pain and gave it up.
JoCro
Post a Comment