We didn't go to Tokyo or anything. It rained, so we were just here in Tsukuba. We checked out two different cafes (Japan, not so much a cafe culture) and tried to find this yarn store.
What we did find was Japan's answer to Ikea - and, folks, it is pretty frightening. Also, note that this store (called Joyful Honda, of course) has every other craft under the sun (glassmaking? no problem. mosaics? check. stone-carving? super), but no yarn. So that was helpful.
Tomorrow night I am going to a game night in Tsukuba organized by some other international residents, so hopefully I will meet some people there.
Also, we still don't have internet at home - so go easy on us regarding the updating!
I promise a post on Friday about today's art lesson, complete with pictures.
Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello Kate & Mike!
Yay for trying to form a knitting group, Kate! If you need me to send any yarn over to you, just let me know.
Post a Comment