Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Restless Fans

Because at least one of our fans appear to be getting restless (please check the comments to the last post), I thought I would briefly tell all of you about what we have been up to.

Yesterday I had my first conversation using skype with my friend Matt (he promised to update his blog more frequently). Skype is an internet phone setup where you can talk to others (with very good quality sound) for free, as long as you have both downloaded the free software. I highly recommend it.

Today Kate is teaching at the international school, her second day. She informed me this morning that we no longer have to save our yogurt containers (we had been saving them for an art project) and now she would like to start saving paper bags.

Tomorrow I will go to Tokyo to hear a talk and to pick up some things that a friend is giving us (a VCR and a toaster).

On Friday an American professor at Tsukuba University (who happens to be friends with Joe Jupille) will have us over to his house for dinner, which should be fun.

Next week I will meet with a Japanese professor who I hope will be able to introduce me to some interview subjects, and I will also have at least my second (and maybe my third) whaling interviews.

3 comments:

Robert Farley said...

Ah... much better.

Anonymous said...

did you get one of those fancy gadgets that is a combined toaster and VCR? They are great for watching those hot movies!!

sincerely,
Mr. Technology in Michigan

Anonymous said...

HI, MIke:

Some of your fans might not understand your comment about whaling interviews.

You and Kate are doing a good job keeping us up to date.

Love,

G.